Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Control Freak

Written by my friend Dong Wood

My roommate is a complete control freak. Most people would probably have a problem with that, but it is fine with me. I’m pretty laid back when it comes to our apartment since I don’t spend much time there. Letting her control things means that I don’t have to make any of the decisions around the house. I am fine with just writing a check for my half of the bills, and not having to deal with anything else. I would hate to have to negotiate every decision, so this arrangement works for me. She recently had a problems with our cable company, and went directly to expertsatellite.com and changed our service to satellite TV. I work way too much to deal with stuff like that, and I think she strangely enjoys it. I don’t think she would be able to live with anyone who needed to be consulted before changing anything, it would drive her nuts if she didn’t have complete control. It probably works for us since we aren’t really friends. I have my own life, and she has hers, so we don’t spend much time together.