Monday, September 12, 2011

What to Expect

This guest post from Doris Dillon


Gosh, I had no idea what to expect when we moved but I’ve been so pleasantly surprised! I’d never lived farther than ten minutes from my entire extended family but when my new husband got this job I knew it was time to cut the cord and move out here with him. We’ve actually had a lot of great time to reconnect so it’s been a welcome change, afterall. I’ve been doing a lot of the logistical stuff around the new townhome like looking into the wild blue deals in our area and setting up new cell service. I wish I could find a job, even something part time, but I guess that will all come with a few more weeks here. I like our new life together although I have to be honest and say I do miss my family a lot. I’m really feeling like an independent adult for the first time in my life, though, so I guess it’s all part of the natural cycle of life and getting older!